Monday, August 27, 2012

A day at the Springfield Museums


Last week I mentioned to Kristen that we were going to take Marley to the Springfield Museums with Mark, Janelle, and Mason today. The Science Museum has been having a Castle Adventure Lego exhibit this summer and I thought Mason would enjoy this.

When they brought Marley over last Wednesday, Kristen gave me an early birthday present...a year's museum family membership. I was thrilled.

So, we went today. It took Mason awhile to not be afraid in the museum. He remembered the dinosaur room; he didn't want to go there. He remembered the big elephant in the African Room; he didn't want to go there. We finally made it up to the Lego exhibit and he really liked that.



It really was an incredible exhibit with Lego castles, knights, etc.



My favorite museum lately is the Lyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History. They have quite a Dr. Seuss exhibit.



We spent a lot of time in the Hasbro Game Room.











What a fun time we had. Thanks Kris, you couldn't have given me a better present, and I get to go for a whole year any time I want!



No comments: