Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

Easter dinner this year was hosted by Mark and Janelle.  Unfortunately, Mark had to leave for work right after dinner.  I guess I have to get used to this.  He will always have to work some holidays.

It started with church in the morning and then Kris, Toby, and Marley's annual Easter family picture.  It's kind of a joke because this seems to be the only time I remember to take a picture of them all together.



The grandpas (Papa and Baba) played football with Mason before dinner.





The table looked so pretty.


There were several family traditions and tributes to family members....

The salt dishes from my mother-in-law Priscilla.  She used to always put jelly beans in them for Easter dinner.


Janelle's china that was Stacia's (Janelle's mother) mother's china. 


China that was given to me and Paul as a wedding gift from my grandmother's friend, Myrtle Panageotopolous.  I gave it to Janelle because it matched her china almost perfectly.  Isn't that amazing?  (The candy was put on the dishes by Mason, so sweet).


We all decided that for every holiday we have to make sure to have buns, in honor of my father.  The story is that one holiday, with the table filled with all kinds of food, he said, "no buns?"  After that I made sure to have buns for every holiday that he was there, ha ha!



After dinner, we went for a walk and the kids rode bikes.


Dot had a good time on our walk.  She is in amazingly good shape for 88!



I got some cute pictures of Marley and Mason outside.



Isn't Marley's new haircut cute?  She has been wanting to do this for weeks.  We tried to talk her out of it but she was determined.  She had it cut on the Saturday before Easter.  I was a little nervous to see it because I was sure I wasn't going to like it, but I actually love it.  I think it looks really cute on her.  More importantly, she really likes it!



Kris made these cute little owls to put in Mason's Easter basket.  I wanted to get a nice picture of him holding them, but after several tries, this is the best one I got!



This is, I think, a cute picture of Janelle's dad Joe, Mason, and Janelle.



This is probably my favorite picture of the day.  Mason and Janelle.



It was a wonderful day.  I'm especially thankful for what Easter means to all of us, the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  "I am the ressurection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."  John 11:25-26 (NIV)

Happy Easter!

No comments: