Thursday, November 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Thanksgiving in the '50's




Oh my, how times have changed.

How many men eat Thanksgiving dinner in a dress shirt and tie anymore, especially in their own house?

My grandfather is on the far right.  I remember him as a t-shirt and flannel shirt kind of guy.  Not on Thanksgiving, I guess. The guy next to my grandfather is my Uncle Bob, and then my aunt Ettie.  The couple next to them were friends of my aunt and uncle.  I can't remember their names.

I'm so thankful to have these old pictures; slides that my aunt Dot took.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Linda said...

OH MY Deb. Look at Unk. All that dark hair. I can remember him with gray hair. What an awesome picture.

Liz J said...

My grandfather and father ALWAYS wore a dress shirt and tie...every Sunday dinner, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It was all to do with how they grew up and were raised. Now isn't that a special memory for us all ~ thanks for that reminder...