Monday, May 4, 2015

Uncle Ross's gravestone


My Uncle Ross, my mother's brother, died in 2006.  He purchased his gravestone before he died and had it put in the North Blandford Cemetery where many of his relatives, including his mother and father are buried.  His death date never got put on his gravestone.



My mother died in 2010.  She had been living with my half sister Laura.  Laura has both my Uncle Ross's ashes, and my mother's ashes, and my mother didn't have a gravestone.  

When Paul and I had my Aunt Dot's gravestone made, we had them go to North Blandford Cemetery and get my uncle's gravestone.  The guy cleaned up the stone and had my mother's name, birth date and death date added to Uncle Ross's gravestone. 



I'm not sure if their ashes will ever make it to the cemetery, but at least their names, birth dates and death dates will be there for posterity.

Sometimes life is complicated.

No comments: