Friday, January 27, 2017

A trigger that takes me back - Sesame Street Theme Song


*I read recently on one of the blogs that I follow, when something triggers a memory, write it down as part of your story.




We have had this VCR tape for awhile.  I'm not even sure when we got it; probably when Marley was little.

Today, when Miriam was here, she wanted to watch this.  The minute it started I realized that every time I hear the Sesame Street theme song, you know the one...Sunny day, sleeping the clouds away, it brings me back to a certain memory.

The year was 1974, winter.  Kristen was about 18 months old and I was newly pregnant.  And sick.  

Now you have to remember that this was back before children's television was on all the time; even before VCR tapes.  I think Sesame Street came on mid-morning; the perfect time for me to have a "quiet time" on the couch.  

The minute Kristen heard that theme song, she would come running from whatever she was doing.  It was so fast-paced that it would keep her attention, and I got a chance to rest!



No comments: