Thursday, April 20, 2017

Throwback Thursday - My Baby Shower

I'm trying to make a methodical search in my photo albums, looking for stories to blog for Throwback Thursday.

I did quite a few blogs with really old pictures but I decided, for awhile, to blog pictures starting from when Paul and I first got married.

This one is from my baby shower in June of 1972.

As I stated in a previous blog about our trip to Niagara Falls,
"the first week in June of 1972 we went to Niagara Falls.  Paul had just graduated from college on June 4th, and was about to start his job at Combustion Engineering on June 12th.  I was still working full time at Wesson Women's Hospital. I left there at the end of June and Kristen was born August 26th (she was due August 10th)".


My friend, Linda Lathrop (in the purple shorts), gave me this shower.  I can't believe it, but I really can't remember much about this shower, which is why I need to get these stories written down before my memory gets worse, lol!  Was this a surprise?  Was I bringing potato chips for what I thought was just a get together?  I have no idea.



That is my friend Gladys Hildebrandt pinning that flower on me.




These are some of the people that were there.  The lady in the front is Steph Parmentier.  She and my aunt Dot have been friends since they were teenagers.  She was such a help to me during the process of putting Dot in a nursing home.  She's almost 93 and still has a quick mind; she's still a help to me.




Nice cake.  I wonder who made it.  Maybe my friend Linda remembers more than I do.  I'll have to ask her the next time I talk to her.


When I got home from the shower I layed everything out in the living room.  The one thing I do remember is thinking that now it really felt like I was having a baby!

No comments: