Thursday, July 13, 2017

Throwback Thursday - My Cousin Lynda and her Kitchen Set

This is my cousin Lynda Lundstrom Brouillette.  It was Christmas 1957.  She was almost 4 years old.




These pictures are from my aunt Dot's slides.  Every time we used to look at them in later years my cousin would say, look at my hair!!  Bobby pins made quite a curl, or maybe that was a perm!

We spent Christmas day that year at my aunt Ettie and Uncle Bob's house in Norwich, CT where he was a pastor of the Norwich Assembly of God church.

Lynda got that kitchen set for Christmas.  I remember being so jealous that she had that kitchen set.  It was made of cardboard and I thought it was the best thing ever!!  She also got kitchen accessories, dishes, food, pans!  Wow!

My cousin Lynda has been having a hard time for the past year.  Her mom has been in an assisted living center/nursing home and is now in Florida near Lynda's brother Donald.  This has been very hard on Lynda.  I'm hoping things get better for her.

****Update - The same day as this post, later in the afternoon, I got a call from my cousin Lynda telling me that her mom, my Aunt Ettie passed away.  The funeral is next Wednesday in Delaware.  So sad, but I know that she is in a better place, by far.

1 comment:

Liz J said...

Those pictures are wonderful! I loved our kitchen
set...we had so much fun with it. It wasn't cardboard,
it was metal. We got a lot of use out of that and yes, it
had a bit of rust on it when it was passed on to someone
else.....

So very sorry to hear about your Aunt. She certainly
is in a much better place. You have many good memories of
her. Rest in peace Ettie.