Thursday, August 23, 2018

Throwback Thursday - Weekend+ Trip to Misquamicut 1973

Lately I have been on a roll to blog my pictures chronologically, and this was a weekend trip to Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island, just me and Paul.  Paul's mom, Priscilla, took care of Kristen from Thursday night, August 23rd to Monday, August 27th.  She was turning one that weekend, and I felt some guilt that I was going to be away on her birthday.  Priscilla told me that she was too young to know the difference, and that we would have her birthday party when we got back.

This beach was just down the road from Misquamicut State Beach.  We have recently been by there a few times looking for the hotel and I think we found it, but I can't remember the name.  The next time we go there I'll write it down and update this.

If you look closely, you can see me on the upper deck.  You can see me a little better in the second picture.  This was on the deck right outside our room.  It was the first time I had ever stayed in a room right on the beach.  I remember waking up in the morning and the whole room was damp from the ocean air.








About the only other thing I remember about that trip was that it was the first time I tried scallops.  Up until that time, I ate no seafood.  Nothing.  I still only eat scallops.  They have to be fried and they have to have a lot of tartar sauce on them. There was a restaurant right next to the amusement park, still on this strip of beach, that served seafood.  Again, I don't remember the name, but it is still there.

So that's it for vacations for 1973.  We found out that it's not so easy to pick up and go with a baby on board.

No comments: