Thursday, October 11, 2018

Throwback Thursday - Weekend Camping Vacation 1975

In August 1975 Paul, Kristen, and I went camping for a weekend.  Mark stayed with Paul's parents.  We wanted to go to the big campground, Burlingame State Park, near Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island, but I think it was full and we went up at a smaller campground. I can't remember the name.

I asked Paul if he remembered anything about that weekend, which he didn't, lol!  Believe it or not, he has kept all of his receipts and checks from at least since we were married and probably before.  I asked him to look through the summer of 1975 receipts to see if there was anything from that weekend.  The only thing he found was a gas charge from Charleston, RI which is where Burlingame is.

I love looking at some of the details in these pictures; my Dr. Scholl sandals, Paul's Docksiders, our little Hibachi, the camera case for our old Instamatic camera, Paul's parents' tent, and our 1970 Volkswagen.  I still have those Tupperware glasses on the picnic table!

I know most of us take pictures of people, and I'm so thankful for that.  But these pictures remind me to also include details.  They may not mean much at the time, but years later it will be so much fun to look at them.







There is not too much about this trip that I remember except that we brought Kristen's little potty chair.

I think that might have been the last time we went camping, lol!

No comments: