Monday, July 8, 2019

The House on Mill Village Road in Deerfield

Today Paul and I took a ride to Brattleboro, VT.  On our way we drove down Mill Village Rd in Deerfield, MA.  We do this a lot.  A long time ago I told Paul about a house on that street (it was about the only house at that time) that my grandfather and I had looked at when I was a kid.  We actually got out of the car and talked to the owners.  He wanted to buy it with his brother, Uncle David.  To read about it click here.

Paul put it into his GPS and labeled it "Deb's Deerfield Dream House".  Over the years we have driven by it many times.  It has looked out of place with so many big houses and duplexes that have been built up around it.  I knew eventually it would be somehow replaced.

In 2014 we noticed some changes happening to and around the house.  There were big trucks on the property, and it looked like there was some type of business there, not a residential house anymore.






Well, today when we drove by I couldn't believe how different the house looked!  The big trees in the front of the house had all been taken down.


Most of the little shed type things in the back yard are gone.

I guess it's better than the whole house being taken down and a new house built in its place....but not much!

No comments: