Tuesday, October 27, 2009

300/365 - Letterboxing


This is a graveyard in Deerfield where one of my ancestors (I'm talking really old, 1837) is buried. The last time we were here I was looking around and there was a really old grave stone that was leaning up against the stone wall at the very end of the graveyard. I tried to stand it up, and behind the stone there was a zip-lock bag. The bag said "Please do not remove." I took it out and looked at it but I didn't go into the bag. Paul said it was probably something to do with that GPS game where you try to find things; I forget the name. Anyhow, later I wished that I had looked inside the bag, so today we took a ride up there and I found the bag again. Inside the bag was a jar, and inside the jar was a small notebook, pen, and a stamp. I guess the idea is that you stamp the stamp in your book, and you stamp your stamp in their book. It is called Letterboxing. I am definitely going to check this out. It really intrigues me.


No comments: