Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trip to Delaware and PA


Paul and I went to Delaware for the weekend for my aunt Esther's 80th birthday! We drove down in one of the worst rain storms ever. Thank God for Rainex. Ettie knew something was up for her birthday but she sure was surprised to see us there. It was sad that my Dad and Dot couldn't be there, but that is just the way things are now. It was so nice to see everyone again, and to meet for the first time my cousin Lynda's granddaughter Sophia. What a cutie. Lynda and Ray are smitten (as are the rest of the family). We spent Saturday night and Sunday there and on Monday morning headed out to Lancaster to the Amish country for an overnight. What a fun weekend. I made a mental note to get down to my cousin's more often! If you want to see more pictures, go here.

3 comments:

Linda L said...

Esther looks sooo good. Is that maybe a scrapbook that someone made for her that she is looking at???

Debbie said...

Lin, the book she is holding is a digital photo book that I made for her of all old pictures of her and the family. In fact, the picture on the cover is Ettie at 6 years old, first grade. She really seemed to enjoy it!

Janice said...

I love the picture of your Aunt reading the book. Scrapbooking makes a lots of people happy.
The Amish country you were in is only about 1/2 an hour from my brothers. We are going there at the end of April.