Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mark's Club House - Spring 1982



Today Paul was working in the yard, getting ready for Mason's birthday party. I asked him to show me the place in the corner of our yard where he and Mark made a club house back in the Spring of 1982. Mark was 8 years old.

This is what the area looks like now. That Mountain Ash tree is now about 40 feet tall.



Addendum July 18, 2010 - Today Kristen told me that she had a bone to pick with me. She said that the clubhouse was not just Mark's. It eventually evolved to basically just Mark's, but in the beginning it was both of theirs. In fact, she told me, she and Mark were out back with wood and nails trying to build a clubhouse on their own. Paul got involved, and this "rough-hewn" clubhouse was built.

Funny the things you forget - sorry Kris! (I probably blocked out the fact that an 8 and 10 year old were playing with wood and nails LOL!!)

No comments: