Thursday, February 21, 2013

Donald Merz Wait




My grandfather's birthday was in February.  He would have been 113 this year. 

I think this picture was taken on his 58th birthday, February 5, 1958.  I would have been 7. 

My aunt used to take slides.  At least once or twice a year, usually on a holiday that my aunt and uncle and cousins were with us, we would pull out the slide projector and screen and look at all the slides.  It's funny how the same thing was said for every picture, every time we looked at them.  For these particular pictures of my grandfather's birthday they would always say that the reason I looked unhappy  was because I wasn't allowed to blow out the candles on my grandfather's cake.  They also used to say, it looked like my grandmother was going to hit my grandfather in the head in the first picture, and why in the world didn't they take off the jars and all of the other clutter on the table.  Ha ha!


I must have gotten over it, because I didn't look upset anymore in this picture.


I love how I still remember what we used to say for each picture each time I look at Dot's slides.

No comments: