Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Ice Skating

Last week Mark and Janelle took Mason ice skating.  Neither of them had been on skates for years so, needless to say, they had as hard a time staying upright as Mason. 

I got thinking about how much I loved ice skating when I was a kid.  My Aunt Dot used to take me to Porter Lake in Forest Park.  They had a building right by the lake where you could put your skates on and/or go to warm up.  Dot loved to skate and she was pretty good at it.

I also used to skate down at the end of my street at the "swamp".  I was usually not allowed down there except in the winter to skate. 

This is a picture of me and my friend Carlie.  The swamp was right in back of his house so he was always down there and I used to think he was so lucky!




These pictures were taken in 1981.  Paul made a skating rink in our back yard.  The kids loved it!

No comments: