Thursday, March 24, 2016

"Lucy Wait and her two children Dorothy and Buddy"



In trying to decide which picture to use for Throwback Thursday this week, I found this picture in my grandmother's photo album.

On the back of the picture she wrote this:


I love the fact that they are sitting on an oil drum! I'm not sure where this was taken, probably in Brattleboro, VT as my father was born there.  My family always called my Dad Bud.  I guess it started early on!

I remember when I was young, in my grandmother's bedroom closet, there were a few photo albums. They were the kind with a leatherette cover and black construction paper pages.  The pictures were attached with black photo corners.  One of them was my grandmother's pictures; pictures of when she was young in Chateaugay, NY, near the Canadian border. There were also pictures of my grandfather, Donald Wait, probably when they started dating.

There was a smaller photo album with pictures of my Aunt Dot when she was young with her church friends and work friends.

There was also a larger album, same type, which was more of a family album.

I loved looking through those albums.  I remember my cousin and I looking through them and laughing at the styles of the clothes.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts some time, maybe in the '80's, Dot took all of the pictures out of those albums (sigh...) and put them in magnetic albums and cut the pictures down to show just the main part of the picture.

I remember going through my grandmother's album, maybe at that time - I don't remember, and asking her who was who. Unfortunately, I didn't write anything down, and I have forgotten who a lot of the people are.

How I wish I had been more interested in old pictures when my grandmother was still here and young enough to remember who the pictures were of.

No comments: