Thursday, March 30, 2017

Throwback Thursday - Vacation, Niagara Falls 1972

Last week I posted about my first camping trip which was also our first vacation after our honeymoon.  I can't believe that I have absolutely no pictures from our honeymoon!  We didn't even bring a camera.  I'm not sure we even had one!

Anyhow, the first week in June of 1972 we went to Niagara Falls.  Paul had just graduated from college on June 4th, and was about to start his job at Combustion Engineering on June 12th.  I was still working full time at Wesson Women's Hospital. I left there at the end of June and Kristen was born August 26th (she was due August 10th).

I really don't remember many details of this vacation.  I know that I asked my OB/GYN doctor if it was okay to drive all the way to Niagara Falls this far in my pregnancy.  He said it was okay as long as we stopped every couple of hours to get out and walk around.  Guess what else we did every couple of hours?  Yep, eat.  I gained weight on that vacation for sure.

We stayed at a motel called Cascade Inn on the American side of the Falls.  I know that I was quite impressed with the bed in the motel room.  It vibrated if you put a quarter in it.  That was fun (!)

This was before you had to have a passport to cross over into Canada and I know we did that. We went to a store that sold firecrackers and Paul bought some.

We also went on the Maid of the Mist.  That's about all I remember.

Here are a few pictures from our trip.  I sure wish I was more into documenting at that time.











No comments: