Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Typical Friday Night

Friday night is Grandma and Marley night. Actually it is really Grandma, Marley and the Babas' night as Paul's father usually comes over too. Kristen and Mark used to spend every Friday night at Paul's parents' house for years. Paul and I used to look forward to one night a week out by ourselves, and I always said that when I had grandchildren I would do the same. What I didn't realize was that I would end up enjoying it probably more than Marley's parents do.




No matter what the beginning of the night starts off with, we usually end up watching something on TV for the last hour or so. Some of her favorites are Animal Planet, Shirley Temple movies, and DVD's of the old Waltons show. Most nights end up with me and Marley coloring at the coffee table (I'm glad now that I never had it re-finished). Marley still likes to play "tent" and last night she asked if we could make a tent. I was less than enthusiastic and told her she could but she would have to do it herself (nice, huh?). This tent was a little abbreviated, but it worked nonetheless.


This was a little more elaborate tent that we used to set up at GG's. (2004)




When asked if she was going to want to share Friday nights with "Baby Radtke" her answer was a resounding "Yes".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK MENTAL UNDER THAT BLANKET
BUT WE ALL DO LOVE OUR GRANDCHILDREN.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gramma!

Looks like a lot of fun. I've have my turn someday. Great moments!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Awesome......you brought back a lot of good memories to me....my friends and I used to make a tent using my grandfather's hammock base.....as a base....all we needed was clothesline strung from one end to the other, sheets....and a lot of clothespins and imagination. We had partitions, and it made for very, very good memories growing up. I didn't "tent" with my grandmother, but she sure did give me a lot of happy times to remember.....yeah, you are an awesome grandmother Deb!!!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy looking at your pictures Deb. Love the tents.

Linda

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good looking tent!
good job Marley.....