Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dyeing Easter Eggs




This afternoon we dyed Easter eggs. It was a little early, but Mark and Janelle, Janelle's sister along with Kris, Toby and Marley were here for dinner, and I thought it would be more fun for Marley to have more people to do eggs with. I must be getting old though. First of all, you were supposed to add the dye tablets to the vinegar, and I added it to the water and vinegar. It took forever for them to dissolve (check out the above picture with them looking into the cup, waiting for the dye tab to disappear. They eventually had to crush them). Also, I used cider vinegar instead of white vinegar, and eventually found out that was why the colors were so muted. Oh well, live and learn. I hope I can remember that for next year! Mark and Toby got involved too. It was a fun day.

P.S. I'm not sure why most of my pictures came out so bad, but I wanted to post them anyway. I think my battery was low.

































No comments: