Thursday, March 19, 2009

Throwback Thursday - Mt Tom, Choquette's



I had today off from work because I have to work Saturday. Paul was feeling a little better today and since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to take a short drive. We ended up on Mt. Tom Reservation. This reminded me of one of my Sunday School teachers who lived very close to the reservation. I think I was in 5th grade. She had her Sunday School class over for a sleepover (brave woman). Her daughter was in my class also. We all slept in the living room and the next day we hiked from her house up the mountain to Goat Peak, an observation tower. It seemed like the longest walk I had ever been on (we timed it today, it was 2 miles). This was probably when I found out that I was scared of heights. We all climbed up the tower, but when I got to the top I was so scared that I sat down in the middle of the floor. My friend, Karen, was sitting on the edge of the fence around the top of the tower (until her mother made her get down). I was horrified. I didn't know if I was even going to be able to get down the tower. I thought my friend was the luckiest person in the world to live in such a neat place!

My friend Karen's house at the base of Mt. Tom


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!! I have not seen that house in FOREVER !!!!!! WOW does that ever bring back memories !!!!!

Linda L.