Thursday, March 5, 2009

Throwback Thursday - Paul and his 1933 Pontiac



In my last post I talked about going to Quabbin with Paul in his 1933 Pontiac. That got me thinking about that car. I went searching for the picture that I knew I had of it. The picture was dated October 1966, and so that lead me to my old diary to see what was going on with me then. Oh my goodness! I'm really glad I kept that diary because otherwise I would not believe that I could have been so fickle, immature, ridiculous, etc., etc......Of course most of the times I wrote in it was because of either a real high, or a real low, so it probably seems worse than it really was. Anyhow, we started dating September 17, 1967 (if my diary was correct). At that time Paul worked part time for an antique car dealer, hence, all the antiques that were around. Many times he picked me up in an antique fire truck, so the 1933 Pontiac probably seemed nice. I was amazed, while reading my diary, at just how many things I had forgotten. So glad I have that old diary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL PICTURE. TELL ME THE STORIES ON SATURDAY OF YOUR FICKLENESS.

Anonymous said...

What a riot Deb, Paul would pick you up in an antique fire truck ??? WOW, So he started being who he is today WAY BACK then...lol

Linda L
p.s. NEAT LOOKING CAR !!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is great you kept a diary as sometimes when I think about things I will ask my Mom or someone who was around as I am not sure if I am correct. That is an awesome car