Tuesday, July 14, 2009

195/365 - Priscilla's Daylilies


I have been wanting to weed and clean up around Priscilla's grave, and also see how the daylilies were doing. We went there today. I was so happy to see that the flowers were doing beautifully.

These daylilies originally came from Priscilla's grandmother's house in Plymouth, where she and her sister and brothers had spent their childhood summers. Priscilla always said that these daylilies were special because they had a double flower on each of them instead of the more common single flower daylily. She planted them at her house at 30 Kay St., and when they moved to Agawam, I planted some of them at her new house on Yale Ave. I also decided that I needed some of them at my own house. Now they have made it to her grave.

Such a long journey for these beautiful flowers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww It looks beautiful, Deb. Priscilla would LOVE IT !!!!

Linda L

Liz said...

The history behind those flowers is amazing! Special flowers for a Special Lady! Beautiful