Saturday, August 22, 2009

234/365 - Birkenstocks


I love my Birkenstocks. These are called Birki's; they have a soft footbed. As much as I love them, I don't think I will buy the Birki's again. They are very comfortable, but not as strong as the regular Birkenstocks. Both sandals have split right at the end of the first strap. I took them to a shoemaker and he put some super-glue type stuff in the cracks and said that was about all he could do. My regular Birkenstocks are still going strong, they are at least 10-12 years old. These sandals are so comfortable I might have to look into some shoe and/or boots made by Birkenstock.

P.S. Happy Birthday Big Baba!

5 comments:

Linda L said...

Hey Deb. How long have you had your sandals? Shouldn't you be able to take them back to where you got them?

Debbie said...

We bought them on vacation in Maine and the store has since gone out of business. I probably could send them back to Birkenstock, but at this point I can still wear them so I didn't bother.

Linda L said...

You Know???? I would never have thought of taking a picture of my "FEET" but you actually make it interesting...lol

JANICE said...

WHY HAVEN'T YOU BLOGGED
IN 5 DAYS?

Cindy said...

Pretty toes . . . better than my picture of my hand with cellulitis. Us photographers will take a picture of anything I guess, lol . . .