Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday


Is he just the cutest thing?

Mason is getting big. He is not so "tiny newborn" anymore. I saw smiles today and even coos - not much mind you, even though Mark and Janelle say he does this all the time now. I'm not sure that he is comfortable yet with all of the chaos at my house when everyone is here. I said that it was almost as if he was strange and Mark had no idea what that meant. STRANGE??? I used to get the same reaction from Kristen when Marley was a baby. I guess it's a generation thing. We always use to say that babies were strange if they cried in an unfamiliar setting. No one says that anymore I guess. I had to explain to him that No, I did not call Mason strange, it just seemed like he knew he wasn't home. Anyhow, that is not acceptable at Grandma's, no strange babies here.

Marley got to feed him a bottle today for the first time. She was excited about that, and she did a great job. She was a little out of sorts later in the day because "Why does Mason get so much attention when he doesn't even do anything." After much reassurance from Grandma that she got that much attention when she was that age, and a game of Apples to Apples, she was fine.





P.S. We tried chicken shish kabobs for the first time today. Toby grilled them; we all really liked them!



7 comments:

Linda L said...

MY LANDS !!!!!!!!!!! DOES MASON EVER LOOK LIKE MARK !!!!!!!!!!

Linda L said...

I guess Marley is so used to all the things she does together with you and Paul she doesn't realize just HOW MUCH attention she gets also...lol

Linda L said...

LOLOL...I remember "Strange". I guess another way to explain it is that things that a baby is not used to, or are too confusing, or scare him, are "Strange" to him.

JANICE said...

THOSE K BOOBS LOOK ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE ONES AT THE SCRAPBOOK PARTY.
WERE THEY?
I WAITED FOR 6 DAYS FOR AN UPDATE ON YOUR BLOG. NO FAIR, YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERDAY.
READ YOUR E MAIL FOR OUR PICTURE AT THE CAPE.

JANICE said...

I MEAN K BOBS

Debbie said...

Janice, you are hysterical- K boobs! LOL Yes, they were just as good except my chicken chunks were not quite as big as yours (probably goes back to my choking phobia) and I liked the bigger chunks better. Next time I'll make them bigger.

Doreen said...

It must be hard for Marley she was the only one for so long But you and Paul have more than enough to share. Those Ka Bobs look way to perfect mine are always mixed up one never looks like the other.