Saturday, September 12, 2009

255/365 - Poor Marley is sick!


We had so many plans for this weekend, but as my grandmother would say, "Best laid plans of mice and men" (wonder where that saying came from). Marley is sleeping over this weekend and on Saturday morning, 3 a.m., she came into my bedroom. She was burning up with a fever. As luck would have it I didn't have a working thermometer, and the liquid Ibuprofen I had expired 8/08. I guess I need to be more prepared for things like this. Anyhow, she had a fever of 103 throughout the day. It would go down with Motrin (new bottle and new thermometer :)) but would go back up at the end of 4-5 hours. We had planned on going to the Fireman's Carnival in Southwick and actually did go for about an hour, but she really wasn't feeling well enough to stay. Tomorrow is supposed to be church, her soccer game, the family birthday party (five of us) and Bible Quiz, all of which may get cancelled. This is a picture of Marley and me (!!!) on the Merry Go Round (you know she doesn't feel good when she wants me to go with her)!

No comments: