Friday, April 9, 2010

Celery/Carrot Soup




When Marley got here tonight there were some celery stalks on the kitchen counter. After her parents left, Marley said to me, "I have a project to do tonight. I want to make celery soup." She assured me that she knew how (see recipe below). She basically did it all by herself. The only problem was it was a little too salty. I had advised adding some chicken bouillon for flavor. She didn't know bouillon was salty and I didn't see her add that third teaspoon of salt. Other than that it was pretty good. Paul said he loved it!!!

This is the recipe (as dictated to me by Marley)

2 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

I am going to go very, very far out on a limb here and assume...eh-hem...that this is *not* a skill she inherited from her mother? ;)

Linda L said...

Sounds very good. Soup is my favorite food. I will try it but I have to use either beef or veggie broth cause I can't eat chicken broth. I'll let you know how it turns out.