Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Aunt Ettie



This is my Aunt Esther (I have always called her Ettie).  My grandfather had hunting dogs for many years and I am sure this must be one of them.  I wish I could remember the name.  Ettie has been having memory problems, along the same line as Dot, recently.  I wonder if she would remember her dog's name?

This picture reminds me of a funny story.  When I was a kid, one day I was rummaging around my grandmother's attic and came across a brown paper bag in one of the trunks.  I stuck my hand in the bag and nearly freaked!  I quickly took my hand out and looked in the bag.  There were two long, blond braids, intact, in there.  I found out later that they were my Aunt Ettie's.  I can't imagine what her hair looked like after just cutting off the braids, lol!

No comments: