Friday, June 8, 2012

Coburn Family Picnic and Mason turns 3!


Today I went to the Coburn Family Picnic at Marley's school. They have it every year, but I have always been working. This is the last year for Marley as she goes to middle school next year (sigh...). It was a beautiful day and we ate outside on the grass. We had hot dogs, beans, watermelon, and a bag of chips. Marley's friend Britney ate with us.

These are the teachers in Marley's class.



These are the mulberry trees that Marley picks mulberries from.



The school has a big back yard....



That ends in a playground.



I went to junior high at this school and I jump at any chance to go back and look around. I am so happy that I got to go to Marley's last family picnic at Coburn.

On a side line.....I have been taking pictures of fiberglass animals that are placed around some towns. West Springfield has terrier dogs around town. Coburn school painted one of the dogs with maps of the different countries that the students come from. I have been wanting to take a picture of it, and today was the perfect opportunity. Marley took me to the principal's office where it was located and told me to ask the secretary if I could take a picture of it, ha ha. Here are a few pictures of it.









Today is Mason's 3rd birthday. We are having a party for him on Sunday, but tonight being Friday night with Marley, Mason and the Babas, and also the fact that Mark and Janelle bought this little cake for him today and brought over half of it, we decided to celebrate. I didn't have any regular candles, but I did have three "1" candles, so that is what we went with. A little big for such a small cake, but he loved it.





His parents were doing some birthday shopping and decided to let him have this present tonight. Mark assembled one of the goals and Mason was SO excited. He was one happy camper!



Happy birthday Mason!!

1 comment:

Eliza J said...

Happy Birthday Mason! He is growing so fast...and what a great personality he has! Can't believe it's been 3 years.