Thursday, June 28, 2012

Throwback Thursday - 42 Oleander St.


Over the last year, since Dot moved to the Atrium, we have been very slowly breaking up her home. It has been a sad process for me. The whole family, including my Dad and my aunt Ettie, have been to the condo, choosing things that they wanted.

This past week we met with a realtor, and the process is in motion to sell her condo.

Yesterday, we moved the last of her furniture out. One of the things that I took was the highboy that was in my room at 42 Oleander St. There were so many things in Dot's condo that go back to that home, things that I remember.

I wish that I had been into blogging and scrapbooking earlier in my life. I wish I had more pictures. My aunt Dot took a lot of pictures but, like most people, they were pictures that she took of events and people. If there was a picture of a room, it was just incidental. I wish I had more pictures of the rooms at 42 Oleander St. and what was in those rooms.

I am trying to take more pictures of everyday, ordinary life. Who knows, maybe someday my kids and grandchildren will find this interesting. Or, maybe I'm just weird and they will all wonder what in the world I took these pictures for. I'm not taking any chances though!

1 comment:

Linda L said...

M e m o r i e s......Like the corners of my mind....la, la, la, la, la,la, la, la. Great idea Deb. What did you end up doing with everything that no one wanted? It must have seemed very strange doing this without her being there. Did you end up doing any repairs or did you just list AS IS?