Thursday, June 14, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Yardstick Bubblegum


When I was a kid, my cousin Lynda and I used to take turns visiting at the other's house for the summer. They lived, at the time of my story, in New Jersey and I thought it was such a long trip. My uncle Bob, who was a minister, used to have contests for kids at his church. I'm not sure if it was Vacation Bible School, or a promotion for Sunday school, but he used to have these prizes that he would promote throughout the contest. One of these prizes was a yardstick of bubble gum. I'm sure I never won it, but I always thought it was the greatest thing!

So you remember that Lyn?

Fast forward a million years, and while we were on vacation this year we went to Smoky Mountain Knifeworks, and there it was - the yardstick of bubble gum. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't thought of that in years and years.

I looked at it for awhile and we actually left the store, got out to the parking lot, and I just had to have it.

After I took some pictures of it, I gave it to Marley. Here are a few pictures of it.







Isn't it amazing, when you least expect it, memories come flooding back and it's almost like you were there again. I hope I never lose my memory!

No comments: