Friday, September 7, 2012

Janelle's birthday (tomorrow) present


Last Sunday while Mark, Janelle, Paul and I were in Brattleboro, VT, Janelle found a store that she really liked. It sells vintage decorations, furniture, etc. The boys had gone across the street to SAMS and while Janelle and I were looking through Distinctive Decor she spotted a chair/swing that she really liked. It was heavy macrame and really looked like something out of the '70s. She told Mark about it later, but I'm not really sure he digested it.

So...since Janelle's birthday is tomorrow, and we are having the "5 birthday party" Sunday, I told Paul I wanted to go back up to Brattleboro today to get the chair.

We brought it home and put it on the loveseat in my living room. I put an old quilt over it because I knew the cats would take it over and think it was for them!



Sure enough!

I wish I had taken a picture of Mark's face when he saw it tonight. The only thing he said was, "It's not going in the living room." I think it would go well with the multi-colored pole lamp that she brought home from Dot's house, LOL.

Kristen and I both think she was born in the wrong era. She is a mis-placed 70's girl!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I LOVED it !!!