Thursday, September 6, 2012

Father and Son


This is my grandfather, Donald Wait, and my father David Waite. I know, why is the last name spelled differently? It goes back to when my Dad went into the Navy. He had to get a copy of his birth certificate and low and behold there was an "e" on the end of his name. The Navy made him spell it with the e on it, and instead of getting it changed later, he decided that he liked his name spelled that way. In his words, "It looks more like a real name."

I don't know when this picture was taken, but my Dad looks to be maybe in his late teens or early 20's. He was born in 1927, so the picture is probably some time in the mid to late 40's.

A couple of handsome dudes, right?

2 comments:

Linda L said...

ABSOLUTEY !!!! Now I see where you got your good looks.

Eliza J said...

That's a great picture ~ very handsome!