Saturday, July 3, 2010

184/365 - Kayaking at Lake Mashapaug with Marley



Today Paul, Marley and I went kayaking at Mashapaug Lake in Bigelow Hollow State Park, Union, CT. This is one of a few lakes that we kayak on that I would actually get in the water. Most of them I live in fear and dread that I will have to get my feet wet!! This lake is so clean that we can actually swim.

We started off with our traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich picnic (we have snacks that we take in the kayak also).





Marley showed us what she had learned in swimming lessons:
1) How to float



2) How to tread water



She informed me that this was crisscross applesauce




Paul giving her a ride on a blow up float (although the blowing up and deflating is getting a little too much work; we might have to look for something a little more user friendly!)










This was after Paul fell out of his kayak. Yes, you heard right. This is the first time in six years that he has fallen out, and he still doesn't know what happened. Marley and I were hysterical and I was glad he came up laughing too. Since he was already wet (after he got the water out of his boat and cleaned up everything) we decided that now was a good time for a kayak lesson for Marley. She does really well. It won't be too many more years that she will be in her own kayak!







She loves to try and catch minnows with her net. No luck this time though!




The end of a perfect day.

3 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

Gosh it's gorgeous there!

You asked some questions about my new blog format. If you go to settings on your dashboard page you can scroll down and there is a place that says select post editor. If you go and click updated editor it lets you upload pictures (It's totally different and takes some getting used to!) and then when you hover the mouse over the picture you can choose the size and I have used x-large lately.

The new format is a little harder. You go to design, click Template Designer and then go from there. It takes patience and for me a lot of time tweaking and figuring everything out. You do want to find a wide layout for the larger pictures.

Good luck!

Debbie said...

Thanks Mignonne, the info was helpful; I would never have found out about the new post editor. I changed by blog template today, but I guess I can't do x-large pics - they go into the sidebars. Oh well, I like the new template and the pictures do look larger anyhow.

Paul said...

I Like the new format!