Wednesday, July 21, 2010

202/365 - Orr Cadillac



A couple of weeks ago Paul and I were in Springfield and we went by Sterling Orr Cadillac and I was so surprised that it was closed. Not that I ever bought a cadillac there (or anywhere else for that matter), but this dealership has been on Mill St. ever since I can remember. When Paul and I were dating, the way he would go from my house in West Springfield to his house in Springfield went by Sterling Orr Cadillac, and now it was closed. A few days later there was an article in the newspaper about the dealership closing. It said "The Orr family has been selling new cars in Springfield since 1921, starting with Studebaker, Nash and Pierce-Arrow...General Motors told Orr last summer that he would lose his Cadillac franchise, part of an overall strategy to eliminate 1,300 of 6,000 GM dealers nationwide that existed at the time." Sad.

1 comment:

The Outer Space Men LLC said...

I was just looking up Sterling Orr Cadillac as I just listed on Ebay my original 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible which my mother bought off of the showroom floor. I have kept the car in mint condition for decades with less than 60K miles. Sandy Orr if you read this; this is Gary Schaeffer. My mom is Arline Schaeffer. Check out the red Caddy that my mom bought from your terrific dad. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-ELDORADO-1973-CONVERTIBLE-UNDER-60k-ORIG-MILES-/110567521867?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19be567e4b