Sunday, October 10, 2010

283/365 - Mason's first visit to the pumpkin patch



Today we went to Westview Creamery in Monson, MA or as we all call it, the pumpkin patch. The first time we went there was in 2002 when Marley was exactly the age Mason is now. Big Baba found out about this place and brought us out there that first time. We fell in love with it then and we have been trying to get there every year since. Paul and I met Kris, Toby, and Marley; Mark, Janelle, and Mason; and Janelle's mother who came up from the Boston area. We were all excited to watch Mason experience his first time at the pumpkin patch.



Marley brought her little bug cage and caught a couple of grasshoppers.



By far, the thing that Mason liked the most was the tractor that pulled the hay wagon. He loved just watching it, saying "car".



He wasn't too happy when Daddy took his big stick away!



It was so much fun watching him standing up at the front of the wagon right behind the tractor's big wheels. He was just mesmerized. I wondered later what the rest of the people on the hayride thought of our little group being so caught up in the excitement of Mason's first hayride. Hopefully most of them have been through the same thing with their little ones.





The hayride took us through a path in the woods, along a pretty little pond...



and ended up in a pumpkin patch where you could pick your own pumpkins.

















What a fun day!

3 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

It looks like the perfect day. Pumpkin patches are so much fun and the kids are all adorable. It's so gorgeous there. That picture with the pond makes my heart ache a little. We hope to move to Ma. or Me. when Paul graduates. Of course we will have to see where the jobs are...

Linda L said...

Such a fun family day !! Isn't it amazing how much fun things are when a new little one comes along. In one of the pictures it looks like Mason's hair is almost ready for braids...lolol I think the breeze must have been blowing it out from his head...lol

**MIGNONNE** said...

Debbie we have only lived in Utah for seven years. We came from California for a business opportunity but regretted the move almost instantly. We are hoping that as soon as Paul graduates doors will open and we can move somewhere else. We can't wait to get out of here. Of course we will put it in God's hands and do what we feel is right when the time comes.

I'm a born and raised Californian. I moved to Utah for almost two years when I was 19 and then after Paul and I were married we moved back to California. It will always be home to me. I hate being land-locked ;)

Paul was born in California also then moved to Long Island, New York for several years. After that his family moved to South Dakota!

Paul has always loved New York and New England. When we went out this past spring it felt like a second home to me. Everything about it clicked. Of course everyone tells me I'm crazy and that I would hate the winters there. I have no doubt, but I hate them here too. I might as well live somewhere new and different that I love.

Sorry, that's probably way more than you wanted to know. Anyway, only time will tell where we will end up. Thank you for reading my blog and for all of your sweet comments. I really do appreciate them.