Sunday, October 24, 2010

297/365 - Pumpkin carving day



Not all of our carvers are in this picture. Kris, Toby and Marley had to leave before Janelle finished her pumpkin, so they didn't make the final picture this year. The pumpkins from left to right were Marley's, Amy's, Janelle's, and Toby's. The people from left to right are Janelle, Mason, Grandma Stacia, and Amy.

This picture is of Marley and Toby mapping out their pumpkin faces.



Pumpkin guts hand...



Marley said her pumpkin was too tall; she didn't really want to stick her arm all the way in. Kristen offered to help clean out the guts. Her face says it all... YUCK!!



The two grandmas had pumpkin seed duty this year



Can you believe his curls?





Mason found Auntie Amy's baseball hat and stuck it on his head backwards. Isn't he just too cute?



Pumpkin carving day was a little crazy this year. Everyone seemed tired to begin with, Mason hadn't taken a nap and was a little cranky, the Patriots took precedence over pumpkin carving for the boys (although Toby helped Marley get started and did one himself), Stacia had cracked ribs, I couldn't seem to get my act together but we had fun anyway and the pumpkins came out cute I think!

4 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

They turned out great! I think we are going to wait until Friday to carve ours. Now you have me anxious ;)

Linda L said...

Good Thing long hair on guys is IN right now...lol

Liz said...

The pumpkins in your kitchen, look much larger than they did on the picnic table......and, I don't blame Marley.......yuck! I will do my best to get a picture of the "pumpkins on the green" this year......

Doreen said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. Love the pictures so glad for blogs to keep us up. I am way behind