Thursday, January 27, 2011

Throwback Thursday - 1940's Bethany weddings


Today at church a friend of ours gave Paul a DVD; on it were videos of weddings in the 1940's from my church - not the whole wedding, just pictures of the bride and groom, the wedding party and whatever guests were milling about. Evidently the pastor's wife of our church at that time did the videotaping. There is no sound, just the movies. I didn't even know there were video cameras back then. Somehow this friend and her mother were in contact with the daughter of the pastor's wife and obtained them.

One of the couples was Paul's parents; they were married in 1949. I have seen this picture before, but to actually see them in a movie was so cool. You see them actually getting into the car and driving off.

Many of the couples were parents of our friends and we knew them well. Actually, one set of Toby's (my son-in-law) grandparents were on this too. It was so much fun to watch this. What a treasure to have.

When Marley saw Big Baba, she said "Oh my gosh!"

3 comments:

Eliza J said...

What a treasure!

Linda L said...

Deb, I would LOVE to see that video whenever I get back home. Maybe the couples could get together again this summer and watch it together ????

Debbie said...

Lin, that would be fun. Let's plan on it.