Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Trip Home



This is our car packed for the trip home today. Paul always says he is a good packer. He sure had a test today with the chair and ottoman in there. He was able to get everything in!







We took a ride to York Beach on the way home. Nubble Light was beautiful. I have loved it ever since we spent our honeymoon in York (40 years ago, can you believe it?).






How's this for a seaside Christmas tree?



York Beach, Long Sands, had seaweed strewn all over the parking lot. There must have been quite a storm here.






Poor seagull; he looks cold.




From York Beach we drove down to Kittery and Bob’s Clam Shack. They have the best scallops anywhere, by far.






After that it was onto the highway. Garmin says we should be home by 5:02. Mark is coming over tonight to help Paul get the chair out of the car and into the family room. We also have to rearrange some chairs. I think it is going to be a late night - goodbye vacation getaway!

2 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I seriously feel like I could cry. I want to be/live there so bad.

I absolutely love that "Christmas Tree" It's so clever!

I want to outlet shop in Kittery again. (I got some great stuff that the Gap there) I want to eat scallops and lobstah'

I really love your pictures. I really really. Thank you for sharing them.

I'm having a hard time believing there is a chair and ottoman in that car though LOL!

Doreen said...

Deb this is for all of your blogs from your trip . The pictures are absolutely awesome. I was showing Ken I said this is so Maine, & what I miss about the East coast then I see the cold I do not miss that. I loved the lobster trap Christmas tree. Paul is great at packing and getting the chair & ottoman in the car. I do not get to your blog as much as I should but love it every time I do. Keep up the great job.