Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation, 4th Blue Ridge Parkway and Trip down South 2011 - Day 10



When we left our motel this morning, we drove through the town of Buena Vista looking for a breakfast place. Of course it was 11:00 and there were no breakfast places still open, so.........guess what we had? Right, barbecue! I have had enough barbecue to last me a long time.

In this restaurant there were little bags of water with pennies in them hanging in different areas all around. My curiosity got the better of me and I just had to ask the waitress about them. She said that she had heard they kept the flies away.
She said there were so many flies that came in the restaurant and they just drove her nuts so she thought it was worth a try!

We got on the Parkway and drove all the way to the end, then got on the Skyline Drive and drove to Front Royal where our trip had started.

I was feeling a little sad that today was our last full day of vacation. Tomorrow is 10 hours of highway driving home.

Here are a few pictures of our drive back.









When we first saw this deer she was starting to cross the road right in front of the sign. By the time I got my camera out she had gotten to the other side of the road, still in view of the sign though. Cool, huh?



Such a fun 10 days. Maybe we'll do it again next year!

No comments: