Saturday, January 28, 2012

Scallops, the Beach, and Nancy Drew


Our goal today was to go to The Book Barn in Niantic, CT to look for Nancy Drew books, but to also go to Lenny and Joes, a seafood restaurant that my friend Joanie had told us about the last time we went to this area.

We went there for lunch, which was absolutely delicious.

Then we drove around Hammonasset Beach for awhile. We got out to see the beach but it was freezing and very windy so that didn't last long.







Then we drove down Rt 1 to the Book Barn. This place was huge. My friend Dora at my old job told me about it awhile ago. There are three locations in Niantic. One was, I think, the main one that looked like an old mill. There was Book Barn Downtown, and Book Barn Midtown.

All of the Nancy Drew books were $1 and they were having a sale so we got them for .70, all 58 of them! That should take me awhile. I'll be starting #12 in a day or so. Only 164 to go!



What a fun day.

****Another Post Office - Westbrook, CT


P.S. Today is my cousin Lynda's birthday. I sent her a card with this picture on it. It is of us at the 1965 World's Fair in New York. Good memories. Happy birthday Lyn!

2 comments:

janice said...

Again as my children would say, if you have time to read Nancy Drew, "You have too much time on your hands". See you Tuesday

Eliza J said...

Oh my gosh that's a lot of books!!! You are too funny!