Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mark's Pinning at STCC


Today was the Nursing Pinning Ceremony at STCC. This is a "symbolic welcoming of newly graduated nurses into the nursing profession. The new nurses are presented with nursing pins by the faculty of the nursing school. Often the nurses recite the Nightengale Pledge" (Wikipedia Pinning Ceremony).

I loved this ceremony. It was so nice to see the interaction of the nursing students with the faculty and professors, so nice to put names to faces that I had been hearing about, and so nice to see them all so happy that it was over!!

Paul and I are so very proud of Mark. It has been a long two years (even longer, actually, taking pre-requisite courses to get into the nursing school). And, can I brag a little? He graduated with honors!

Here are some pictures of the evening...





(Kris and Toby were in the overflow area and watched it on a big screen).



(Mark is in the back row on far right).









So... congratulations Mark and to all of the 85 graduating nursing students at STCC!

2 comments:

Eliza J said...

That is so awesome for Mark. I'm proud of your son too ~ what an accomplishment!

Eliza J said...

Just have to add that I have pictures of my sister going through the pinning ceremony at St. Francis and I remember it well. Very special.