Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day



"
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - John F. Kennedy

Today, being Memorial Day, I wanted to visit the N. Blandford cemetery to see if any of my mother's family were veterans.

To backtrack a little.....after receiving a comment on a post (see post May 22, 2012) and discovering a new found cousin who has since told me so much about my mother's mother's family, I decided that it was time to find out more about my mother's father's family.

I found out that the grave above is my great-great grandfather, William C. Higgins who fought in the Civil War.

Today, I give thanks to all of our veterans, and to all who are serving now. Freedom really does come with a price.

No comments: