Thursday, September 16, 2010

259/365 - Bessette Sisters


This is a picture of my grandmother and her sisters. She is the baby, so this was probably taken in 1901 as my grandmother was born in January of 1901. My grandmother's name was Lucien and her sisters were Aldora, Sadie, and Marion. They were from a little town on the New York/Canadian border, Chateaugay. Coincidentally there is a town not far over the Canadian border, a suburb of Montreal Quebec, named Chateaugay. I'm sure that is where they immigrated from. I wish I had asked her more questions about her childhood when I had the opportunity!

2 comments:

janice said...

are you going to scrap this story and picture?

Linda L said...

Ohhhhh Deb....what a WONDERFUL picture !!!! How CUTE Ma was, and the other girls are so pretty. How nice for you to have this.