Sunday, March 13, 2011

Corned Beef Dinner



This is a picture of the corned beef all ready to go into the oven. I cooked four of them for dinner from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m., and then put two more in (Toby wanted leftovers for him and Mark) until 8 p.m. What a feast. Trust me, it comes out really good in the oven.

Here's the recipe:

Corned Beef

Oven 325 degrees
Place corned beef in pan, fat side up
Slice an orange and arrange on top of meat

Cut up one carrot, one celery, and one onion and place around meat
You can sprinkle corned beef seasoning packet if desired (I don’t use it, I don’t really like it)

One inch of water in bottom of pan. Cover pan.

Flat Brisket – I cook 13 lbs for 7 adults
Cooked for 5 ½ to 6 hours

4 comments:

Linda L said...

WOW...that looks so good, Deb. I made corned beef and cabbage one time by boiling it. It was so tough and dry I never made it again.....I would like to try this one.

Kristen said...

This is WAY better than the boiled stuff!!

Janice said...

What purpose do the oranges have.

Eliza J said...

Oranges are for "flavor" Janice :)