Tuesday, March 15, 2011

High country Vermont



Paul and I took a ride to Vermont today. It was a beautiful day, cool but bright sunshine. We took a ride up to what I call the high country (elevation somewhere around 2300 ft). The last time we were there was in November during an ice storm. Today those hills that were so treacherous then were hardly noticeable today. The picture above is from Hogback Mt. The view there is incredible on a clear day.


This next picture is of Harriman Reservoir. It is starting to melt and turn into ice chunks. Very weird.








As we were driving I noticed a pink hue on the trees. I realized that this was because the trees were starting to bud. This was the first sign of Spring that I have seen so far. What a welcome sight.

1 comment:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I love the pictures. The ice chunks are amazing. I can only imagine how beautiful it will look in the spring/summer.

I hope spring comes for you soon.

I have to admit that I laughed a little at the high country since we live at 4500 feet!

Have a great week.