Saturday, October 29, 2011

First snowstorm of the season


I had to work today (my last Saturday) and took this picture on the way home. They had been predicting a heavy, wet snowstorm for a couple of days. They also said that there would be a very good chance of power outages. An hour after I got home (4:30 p.m.) the power went out.

***Update - Little did we know at the time that we would be without power at our house from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday night. Mark and Janelle didn't get power until Friday.

These pictures were taken on Sunday, October 30, of our tree in the front yard. We were pretty lucky. We had limbs come down on three of our trees but nothing that couldn't be salvaged.




In the whole time that we have lived in our house, I don't remember a power outage of this magnitude. I will never take electricity for granted again!

No comments: