Monday, October 31, 2011

Last day of work


Today was my last day of work. This picture is of my empty desk! After 14 1/2 years of being a medical transcriptionist at Noble Hospital, the powers that be have decided to send the work to a service. We have known since September 8th that this was happening. The new contract didn't start until November 1st, so we worked for 7 1/2 weeks knowing that three of us would be done there. It has been a hard last week, but today was especially sad. People kept coming in all day to say their goodbyes. I have to say that this was probably my favorite job, by far the longest I have ever worked at one place. This last year things have changed a lot but there are many people that I will really miss.

Also......Halloween got cancelled in Agawam because of the power outage, so no trick or treating with Marley and Mason. Paul and I went to bed about 7:30 because it was just too cold to stay up, sitting in the dark.

Better days have to be coming because today was one of the lowest!

No comments: