Friday, March 23, 2012

Girls Ministries Sleepover


Tonight Marley and I went to the annual Girls Ministries sleepover. This is our 5th time going to this. Twice I have slept over. I think twice is enough. That floor is really hard.

Marley and I got there at 4 o'clock to help set up, and I left at 12:45 a.m. after the movie was over.

It was a Hawaiian theme tonight. As the girls entered they were given a lei and had the option of having their hair styled with a big hibiscus flower.



Miss Pat really got into the Hawaiian theme.



Me not so much. I did wear a hibiscus in my hair and a lei.

After a little introduction and song worship, we had pizza and then a speaker. I thought the decorations were really cute.



After that there were tons of activities. My job was painting fingernails and little flower decals. Do you know how small some of their fingernails are? I could barely see them much less paint them. Luckily, as long as there was lots of glitter, they weren't fussy! Some other activities were tattoos, a craft, musical Hawaiian beach towel (like musical chairs), beach ball volleyball, the limbo stick, hula hoops, and learning the hula dance. After the activities there was decorate your own volcano cupcakes.

The last thing was to get in your pj's and sleeping bag and watch a movie. They watched Ramona and Beezus. I had never seen it and I thought it was really cute. The hope is that they will fall asleep during the movie, which ended at 12:45. I left then, and I would say that 80% of them were still awake!

I asked one of my little Prims if she was having a good night and she said it was the best night of her life. That makes it all worthwhile!

No comments: