Friday, March 30, 2012

Mason's first haircut



Today was a big day! Mason had his hair cut today!

Janelle posted on Facebook a few days earlier that she was feeling pressure to cut Mason's hair. The whole family was probably guilty.

Last summer I had a different hairdresser cut my hair because my regular one was on a medical leave for her father. "Kissy Chrissy", as everyone calls her, was cutting my hair. I had Mason there, and Mark came to pick him up. Mark got talking with Chrissy about cutting Mason's hair. Both Mark and Mason really hit it off with her.

So...the last time I had my hair cut, Mark came to pick up Mason, and Janelle asked him to talk to Chrissy about an appointment for Mason's haircut.

Today was the day. Janelle's sister Amy was visiting so she went with them to the appointment. Mark said it almost didn't happen, but that Chrissy was a magician. She had him laughing and spraying the water bottle in no time.

Here are some pictures.







It's still on the long side, but out of his eyes! I think he looks adorable.



That same night we had planned to take Marley to the Easter Presentation at our church. We asked Mason if he wanted to go too, but he said no that he wanted to go home with Daddy. Just as we were about to leave, in fact, we were in the car, Mason said he wanted to come.

I was a little leery. Being like a Passion Play, I was not sure how he would do or whether he would be scared. He did fine. In fact, when Baba asked him if he liked the Easter Presentation after it was over he said yes. He thought for a moment and then said, "Those soldiers were not nice to Jesus."

As is our tradition we went to Friendly's afterwards.













Big day!

2 comments:

Eliza J said...

Those pictures are beautiful, from the pout to the big smile at the end. Such a sweet and funny boy....

janelle said...

Those pictures of Mason at Friendly's are great.