Thursday, March 29, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Our first Christmas tree


The screen saver picture on my computer is a Christmas picture of my grandmother, my cousin, me and Paul. I have blogged about this picture before here. I must look at this picture 1000 times a day. Today I went looking for a picture of our first Christmas tree.

It was 1970, we had been married for four months and, obviously, we had none of our own Christmas decorations. Paul's mother gave us quite a few of her ornaments. She had gone to a small tree by this time and she had some ornaments that went back to her mother's tree.

At the time, Paul worked at Rocky's Hardware and he brought home some ornaments from there. As I look at this tree, I can see that we still have some of those old ornaments. Somehow I am not surprised!

No comments: